GREEN TEA : Camellia sinensis
“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you.” – WILLIAM EWART GLADSTONE
Green Tea has been drunk for centuries for its health benefits. These include
- Antioxidant : loaded with polyphenols which reduce free radical damage in the body
- Anti-bacterial / Anti-viral / Anti-microbial : The catechins in Green Tea may exhibit this effect
- Cholesterol lowering : because Green Tea is a powerful antioxidant it works to protect LDL cholesterol from oxidation and plays a role in reducing cardiovascular risk associated.
- Digestive Tonic & Liver Health
- Anti-carcinogenic : because Green Tea is a powerful antioxidant it works to reduce the risk of oxidative damage to cells which can lead to uncontrolled cell growth and therefore cancer.
- Weight loss : can be seen because Green Tea can speed up your metabolism
- Improve brain function : Green Tea contains caffeine which in small amounts acts as a beneficial stimulant which decreases adenosine in the brain and increase dopamine and norepinephrine which improve concentration, also contain amino acid L-theanine which has an anti-anxiety effect in the brain.
# random fact : when used topically can act as a sunburn protection.